Housing association properties

Housing Associations are also known as Registered Providers of Social Housing. They are non-profit making organisations which provide affordable housing to those who need it. 

There are 19 housing associations providing rented and other tenure types of housing in West Lancashire. This link will provide you with contact for the Housing Associations. Registered Housing Associations (177KB)

How do I apply?

There are two routes you can take to be considered for a housing association property:

  1. You can apply directly to the relevant housing association
  2. Apply the council, who may then 'nominate' you for a property

Some housing associations do not keep a waiting list but rely on the Council providing nominations from their council housing register. Nominations to housing associations are always based on housing need.
To be considered as a potential “nominee” by the Council you will need to complete the housing application form and express an interest to be nominated to a housing association by ticking the appropriate box on the form.
Please note: in some instances, local connection criteria apply. For more information see the Homefinder Scheme Guide.

Housing Associations are regulated by the Regulator of Social Housing. The Regulator sets consumer and economic standards for social housing providers and can take action if these are breached. . For more information visit the https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/regulator-of-social-housing website