Trees, hedges and woodlands

The council plays an important role in the conservation and enhancement of West Lancashire's trees and woodlands in order to maintain an attractive environment in which to live and work.  


Trees and hedges on council-owned land

To report a tree maintenance (either pruning or felling) on land owned by West Lancashire Borough Council issue please use the online self service facility.

Trees and hedges affecting roads

For private tree maintenance issues - like encroaching branches - next to roads and highways, please contact Lancashire County Council via their Contact Us (external link) facility or via email