Brownfield Land Register
The Council is required by government to produce a Brownfield Land Register. The purpose of the Register is to identify brownfield (i.e. previously developed) sites that are suitable for housing or housing-led mixed use development.
The Brownfield Land Register is in two parts:
Part 1: identifies suitable brownfield sites that can deliver five dwellings or more. Inclusion on this list does not necessarily mean that the site would be granted planning permission.
Part 2: is a list of sites that have been granted Permission in Principle (PiP). PiP establishes whether a site is suitable in principle for residential development. There are currently no sites on Part 2 of the West Lancs Brownfield Land Register. If and when any sites are to be included on part 2 of the Register, we will consult appropriately.
2019 Brownfield Land Register
Part 1 of the 2019 Brownfield Land Register can be found below. Most of the sites either have an existing planning permission or are part of Local Plan allocations. The Register will be reviewed annually, adding new sites, or removing (developed) sites where appropriate.
In addition, the list below shows the boundary of every site in the 2018 Register:
- WL002 (PDF 258kb) - Former Hope High School, Tanhouse Road, Skelmersdale
- WL004 (PDF 164kb) - Land at Findon, Skelmersdale
- WL005 (PDF 297kb) - Site of former Sports Centre, Digmoor Road, Skelmersdale
- WL006 (PDF 315kb) - Site of former Greaves Hall Hospital, Greaves Hall Avenue, Banks
- WL007 (PDF 173kb) - Longreach, Warpers Moss Lane, Burscough
- WL008 (PDF 126kb) - Site of former 111 Aughton Street, Ormskirk
- WL010 (PDF 143kb) - Bull & Dog Inn, Liverpool Road, Burscough
- WL012 (PDF 118kb) - Downholland Bridge Business Park, Mairscough Lane, Downholland
- WL013 (PDF 214kb) - The Barrons, 104 Church Road, Tarleton
- WL014 (PDF 225kb) - Land to the rear of 69-75 Town Green Lane, Aughton
- WL015 (PDF 126kb) - The Almond Tree, Abbeystead, Skelmersdale
- WL028 (PDF 166kb) - The Comrades Club, Witham Road, Skelmersdale
- WL029 (PDF 174kb) - Land at the Stiles, Ormskirk
- WL038 (PDF 129kb) - Former Silver Birch Hotel, Flordon, Skelmersdale
- WL040 (PDF 169kb) - Garages to the east of Arnian Court, Molyneux Road, Aughton
- WL065 (PDF 116kb) - Former Nursery School, Eskbank, Skelmersdale
- WL066 (PDF 98kb) - Fleet Street Farm, Scarisbrick
- WL067 (PDF 132kb) - Barton's Farm, Burscough
- WL068 (PDF 123kb) - Land adjacent to The Highwayman, Skelmersdale