Brownfield Land Register
The Council is required by government to produce a Brownfield Land Register. The purpose of the Register is to identify brownfield (i.e. previously developed) sites that are suitable for housing or housing-led mixed use development.
The Brownfield Land Register is in two parts:
Part 1: identifies suitable brownfield sites that can deliver five dwellings or more. Inclusion on this list does not necessarily mean that the site would be granted planning permission.
Part 2: is a list of sites that have been granted Permission in Principle (PiP). PiP establishes whether a site is suitable in principle for residential development.
There are currently no sites on Part 2 of the West Lancs Brownfield Land Register. If and when any sites are to be included on part 2 of the Register, we will consult appropriately.
2021 Brownfield Land Register
Part 1 of the 2021 Brownfield Land Register can be found below. Most of the sites either have an existing planning permission or are part of Local Plan allocations. The Register will be reviewed annually, adding new sites where appropriate.
- Download the West Lancs Brownfield Land Register Part 1 2021 (CSV 20kb)
- Download the West Lancs Brownfield Land Register Part 1 2021 (MS Excel 18kb)
- Download 2021 Proformas for all sites (PDF 3.6mb)
In addition, the list below shows the boundary of every site in the 2021 Register:
- WL002 (PDF 263kb) - Former Hope High School, Tanhouse Road, Skelmersdale
- WL004 (PDF 198kb) - Land at Findon, Skelmersdale
- WL005 (PDF 272kb) - Site of former Sports Centre, Digmoor Road, Skelmersdale
- WL006 (PDF 282kb) - Site of former Greaves Hall Hospital, Greaves Hall Avenue, Banks
- WL007 (PDF 193kb) - Longreach, Warpers Moss Lane, Burscough
- WL008 (PDF 162kb) - Site of former 111 Aughton Street, Ormskirk
- WL010 (PDF 175kb) - Bull & Dog Inn, Liverpool Road, Burscough
- WL012 (PDF 155kb) - Downholland Bridge Business Park, Mairscough Lane, Downholland
- WL013 (PDF 226kb) - The Barrons, 104 Church Road, Tarleton
- WL014 (PDF 230kb) - Land to the rear of 69-75 Town Green Lane, Aughton
- WL015 (PDF 159kb) - The Almond Tree, Abbeystead, Skelmersdale
- WL028 (PDF 166kb) - The Comrades Club, Witham Road, Skelmersdale
- WL029 (PDF 168kb) - Land at the Stiles, Ormskirk
- WL038 (PDF 137kb) - Former Silver Birch Hotel, Flordon, Skelmersdale
- WL040 (PDF 170kb) - Garages to the east of Arnian Court, Molyneux Road, Aughton
- WL065 (PDF 104kb) - Former Nursery School, Eskbank, Skelmersdale
- WL066 (PDF 127kb) - Fleet Street Farm, Scarisbrick
- WL067 (PDF 197kb) - Barton's Farm, Burscough
- WL068 (PDF 149kb) - Land adjacent to The Highwayman, Skelmersdale
- WL069 (PDF, 380kb) - Former UBH site, Orrell Lane, Burscough
- WL070 (PDF, 377kb) - Former '3663' site, Black Moss Lane, Scarisbrick
- WL071 (PDF, 360kb) - Land at Ormskirk Hospital, Pinfold Road, Ormskirk
- WL072 (PDF, 281kb) - Fir Tree Farm, Sluice Lane, Rufford
- WL074 (PDF, 408kb) - Land at Mark Square, Tarleton
- WL075 (PDF, 300kb) - Corner House, Wood Lane, Mossy Lea, Wrightington
- WL077 (PDF, 359kb) - 33 Black Moss Lane, Ormskirk
- WL078 (PDF, 418kb) - Burscough AFC, Mart Lane, Burscough
- WL079 (PDF, 652kb) - Former Windmill PH, Wigan Road, Ormskirk
- WL080 (PDF, 339kb) - 291 Hesketh Lane, Tarleton