Issues and Options Papers
Work under the Local Plan Review (LPR) has ceased. Instead, we are now preparing a new 15-year Local Plan to cover 2023-2038
For details of the new Plan, please see www.westlancs.gov.uk/lp2038.
We undertook consultation on the LPR Issues and Options papers in spring 2017. The Issues and Options Papers are available below, along with a summary of the representations we received through the consultation. A document containing all of the comments we received is also published.
Feedback on Scoping and Issues & Options Consultation
The Feedback Report summarises the points made during the consultation on issues and options.
Comments received during LPR Issues & Options Consultation
The Schedule of Representations (675 pages) lists the comments received by the Council by the various respondents.
In addition, there are 24 separate attachments:
- 17. D2 Planning (PDF 4.8 mb)
- 18. McCarthy Stone (PDF 4.6mb)
- 25. Adams (1) (PDF 350kb)
- 25. Adams (2) (PDF 3.4mb)
- 25. Adams (3) (PDF 83kb)
- 25. Adams (4) (PDF 137kb)
- 35. NJL Consulting (PDF 198kb)
- 42. Wildlife Trust (PDF 1.0mb)
- 60. Emery Planning (1) (PDF 2.8mb)
- 60. Emery Planning (2) (PDF 186kb)
- 60. Emery Planning (3) (PDF 187kb)
- 60. Emery Planning (4) (PDF 360kb)
- 67. Steven Abbott Assocs (AS) (PDF 504kb)
- 67. Steven Abbott Assocs (AS) Map (PDF 3.1mb)
- 70. Barton Willmore (PDF 2.8mb)
- 79. HOW Planning (PDF 1.4mb)
- 93. (Individual) (1) (PDF 501kb)
- 93. (Individual) (2) (PDF 2.9mb)
- 95. Turley (1) (PDF 776kb)
- 95. Turley (2) (PDF 564kb)
- 95. Turley (3) (PDF 4.3mb)
- 96. Aylward (PDF 1.5mb)
- 98. GL Hearn (Middlewood Drive)(PDF 3.5mb)
- 98. GL Hearn (Town Green Lane) (PDF 114kb)
You can also view the Council's responses to comments made, topic by topic. The index of representors matches the 'numbers' in the Schedule of Representations to the persons making the representation.
- Schedule of Representations and WLBC's responses (PDF, 9.5mb)
- Download Index of representors (PDF, 55kb)
Strategic Development Options Paper
Covers: Levels of development (including housing numbers and area of employment land), the Local Plan period, the location of development, the distribution of development.
Economic Policy Options Paper
Covers: Economy, employment land, job opportunities, rural employment, town and village centres, retail, town centre uses.
Environmental Policy Options Paper
Covers: Nature sites, renewable energy, sustainability, healthy places, biodiversity.
Social Policy Options Paper
Covers: Housing (affordable, self build, custom) housing markets, student housing, traveller accommodation, older persons accommodation and social requirements.
Spatial Portrait Paper
The Spatial Portrait uses social, economic and environmental data to paint a picture of the current issues that different areas of the Borough, and the Borough as a whole, are facing. The Local Plan Review can then try to address the weaknesses and threats, whilst building on the boroughs strengths and opportunities.
Duty to Co-operate Statement
We have a duty to work with other Councils, County Councils and other bodies when preparing a Local Plan. Our Duty to Co-operate Statement sets out how we have co-operated with neighbouring authorities and other set bodies in relation to our Local Plan Review preparation.
Further supporting documents
View the presentation (PDF 1.2mb) given at the consultation workshops