Development Management - enforcement performance targets
Although there are no mandatory targets concerning the investigation of alleged breaches of planning control, the Council has its own performance targets on the speed actions are taken in response to a complaint. These are:
- All acknowledgment letters should be sent within five days of receipt of complaint
- 75% of site visits to be made within: two working days for Priority 1 breaches*; ten working days for Priority 2 breaches*; 15 working days for Priority 3 breaches*; 20 working days for Priority 4 breaches*
- Progress reports sent to complainants within 28 days of receipt of complaint
- 75% of letters to alleged offender within 28 days of receipt of complaint
- Seek to resolve 75% of complaints within 13 weeks of date of receipt
* Breach priority ratings are set out in the West Lancashire Enforcement Plan October 2014 (PDF 458kb).