Complaining about a Councillor

Code of Conduct

The Council works hard to encourage the highest standards of conduct and excellent ethical standards in local government.

When borough and parish councillors are elected they sign up to a code of conduct. For more information about this visit the Councillors' Code of Conduct page.

Find out more on the Guidance to Member's Code of Conduct

Making a complaint

If you want to complain about the conduct of a member of West Lancashire Borough Council or a member of one of our Parish Councils, you must complete a complaint form and submit it to the Monitoring Officer: Kay Lovelady, Legal and Democratic Services Manager, West Lancashire Borough Council, 52 Derby Street, Ormskirk, West Lancashire, L39 2DF