Council Tax Support and Universal Credit

If you are responsible for paying council tax and you are in receipt of Universal Credit you should claim council tax support.

Council tax support is a scheme to help low income residents pay their council tax and is provided by your local authority. Due to this it cannot be part of your universal credit claim. To claim council tax support you must complete a claim form - visit our council tax support page for more information.