Help to Claim

From 01.04.19 Personal budgeting support has been replaced by ‘Help to Claim’

Help to claim is a service which is being provided by Citizens Advice. The support offered is available to any resident of West Lancashire who:

  • Is claiming Universal Credit (UC) digitally for the first time
  • Needs support regarding claiming or managing their income up to the first award of Universal Credit


Council Tenants

If you are a council tenant and need support with Universal Credit, support is available through our Money Advice team.  You can email the Money advice team on or contact them on 01695 585252