Universal Credit Exemptions
There are a number of reasons why you might not be able to apply for universal credit - or some elements of it.
- For people living in accommodation classed as specialist accommodation, they will not be able to get their housing costs paid in their claim for universal credit but must make a separate claim for housing benefit.
- If you are in receipt of severe disability premium within your benefits you will not be entitled to claim Universal Credits as a new claim. You will need to claim legacy benefits.
Legacy benefits are:
- Income Support (external link)
- Child Tax Credit (external link)
- Working Tax Credit
- Employment and Support Allowance (Income Related)
- Job Seekers Allowance (external link)
- Housing Benefit