Fly tipping is an unsightly and dangerous problem and costs council tax payers money to clear away.
We treat this problem very seriously and will usually prosecute anyone caught fly tipping waste in the borough. Dumping household, industrial and commercial waste illegally is a serious criminal offence that carries a fine of up to £50,000, offenders can even be sent to prison. We will handle any information provided to us in accordance with our Privacy Notice (PDF, 60Kb).
Reporting fly tipping
If you see someone illegally dumping rubbish or want to report fly tipped waste, you can contact us:
- Click: Fly tipping online form
What to do:
- don't touch the waste or disturb the site
- get as much information as possible
- make a note of what the waste consists of and whether or not it is dangerous
- also make a note of when and where you have seen it
If you saw who tipped the rubbish, let us know:
- how many people were involved and what they looked like
- details of any vehicles involved including make, colour and registration number if possible
Getting rid of large or bulky items safely
If you have large items to get rid of, you can either: