Healthy lifestyle and keeping fit
There are a wide range of ways to keep fit across the borough with activities and facilities to suit all ages and abilities.
- Active West Lancs - giving people opportunities to embrace a healthier lifestyle
- Health Day Friday 18 May - come and do the Royal Mile and help the Lancashire-wide health initiative #yourmileyourway.
- Health walks - led by our GP Referral Officer, our Health Walks are aimed at beginners and are open to everyone
- Nifty fifties sessions - voluntary led clubs which are very welcoming and promote an enjoyable, healthy atmosphere
- Parks and countryside - our urban and countryside parks host a variety of events and activities throughout the year. Several parks also provide 'geen gyms' which are accessible to all
- Sports pitches - a variety of pitches and greens area available to hire across the borough
- Sports centres and pools - centres across the borough offer a variety of facilities to enable you to stay active
- Leisure Access Card - offers various concessions and discounts within the leisure centres
Your West Lancashire
Information for where you live