Allotments allow you to grow your own fresh vegetables, fruit and flowers, enjoy the fresh air and have some healthy exercise.
Council-run allotment sites
There are three council run allotment sites in West Lancashire, providing 27 plots:
- Tower Hill, Ormskirk, 11 plots
- Clucas Gardens, Ormskirk, 11 plots
- Owen Avenue, Ormskirk, 11 plots
All are managed directly by the Council. Allotments cost £36.00 a year for a full plot and £18.00 a year for half a plot.
How to apply for a council allotment
Unfortunately there are no vacancies for cleared plots at the moment. There is currently a waiting list. You can ask for your name to be added to the list by emailing email@example.com . Alternatively you can download and complete the form below and send it back in to us at the address provided.
If you are offered a plot you will be required to sign a simple tenancy agreement, which sets out your rights and responsibilities.
Other allotment sites
There are some other allotment sites in the borough which are run independently by associations. These are:
- Lawns Avenue, Up Holland, 17 plots: Lawns Avenue, is owned and run by Up Holland Parish Council. Please contact the Parish Clerk, contact details can be found in the Council Information System under Parish Councils.
- Houghtons Road, Skelmersdale, 26 plots: Houghtons Road is run by Skelmersdale Horticultural Society. Please contact Darren Gibson: email firstname.lastname@example.org for availability.
- Tawd Valley, Skelmersdale (located alongside Houghtons Road allotments), 34 plots: run by Skelmersdale Horticultural Society. Please contact Darren Gibson: email email@example.com for availability.
- Liverpool Road, Skelmersdale, 22 plots: Liverpool Road is run by the Liverpool Road Allotment Society. Please contact via email : LRASSecretary@gmail.com
- Richmond Avenue, Burscough, 14 plots: Richmond Avenue is now run by the Burscough Allotment Society. Please contact Jan Kellie, 7 Abbeydale, Burscough, L40 5SU. Tel: 01704 894 145 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.