Allotments allow you to grow your own fresh vegetables, fruit and flowers, enjoy the fresh air and have some healthy exercise.
Council-run allotment sites
There are three council run allotment sites in West Lancashire, providing 36 plots:
- Tower Hill, Ormskirk: 11 x full sized plots
- Clucas Gardens, Ormskirk: 4 x full sized plots, 6 x half sized plots & 3 x quarter sized plots
- Owen Avenue, Ormskirk : 3 x full sized plots, 9 x half sized plots
All are managed directly by the Council.
Current Allotment prices:
Full Sized Plot £36 per annum
Half Sized Plot £18 per annum
Quarter Sized Plot £12 per annum
How to apply for a council allotment
Unfortunately there are no vacancies for cleared plots at the moment. There is currently a waiting list. You can ask for your name to be added to the list by downloading and completing the application form below and emailing it to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are offered a plot you will be required to sign a simple tenancy agreement, which sets out your rights and responsibilities.
Other allotment sites
There are some other allotment sites in the borough which are run independently by associations. These are:
- Lawns Avenue, Up Holland, 17 plots: Lawns Avenue, is owned and run by Up Holland Parish Council. Please contact the Parish Clerk, contact details can be found in the Council Information System under Parish Councils.
- Houghtons Road, Skelmersdale, 26 plots: Houghtons Road is run by Skelmersdale Horticultural Society. Please contact Darren Gibson: email email@example.com for availability.
- Tawd Valley, Skelmersdale (located off Manfield, Skelmersdale, WN8 6SU), 34 plots: If you have any enquiries regarding the allotments, please contact Secretary Don Brookes via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Liverpool Road, Skelmersdale, 22 plots: Liverpool Road is run by the Liverpool Road Allotment Society. Please contact via email : LRASSecretary@gmail.com
- Richmond Avenue, Burscough, 14 plots: Richmond Avenue is now run by the Burscough Allotment Society. If you have any enquiries regarding the allotments please contact the current secretary, Janice Atkinson via email at email@example.com