Funding Opportunity for Third Sector Organisations through the West Lancashire UKSPF Community Grants Fund Programme
West Lancashire Borough Council is excited to unveil the launch of the West Lancashire UKSPF Community Grants Fund Programme, a significant initiative aimed at enhancing the quality of life and well-being of the community, closing health equality gaps and supporting the resilience of our vital third sector organisations.
With a minimum allocation of £700,000 in funding, third sector organisations such as voluntary and community groups, are invited to contribute to the social enrichment and development of West Lancashire. The Community Grants Fund Programme is part of the Council's approved UK Shared Prosperity Fund (UKSPF) and is especially designed to support Community and Place projects that align with the following aims:
- Promotion of Volunteering and Social Action: Funding will be allocated to meaningful volunteering and/or social action projects that are focused on the development of social and human capital in local places, encouraging community participation and cohesion.
- Support for Active Lifestyles: The fund aims to facilitate the growth of local sports by financing facilities, tournaments, teams, and leagues, fostering a spirit of unity and teamwork amongst community members of all ages.
- Strengthening of Civil Society: Investment will be directed towards capacity building and infrastructure support for local civil society and community groups, ensuring they are equipped to serve the community effectively.
- Community Welfare Measures: Projects that focus on reducing the cost of living are also a priority, including those that improve energy efficiency, combat fuel poverty, and address climate change, ensuring a sustainable and affordable living environment for all.
The West Lancashire UKSPF Community Grants Fund Programme will open for applications in early November and to enable prospective applicants to better understand the about the programme, guidance on how to apply and to explore collaborative opportunities, a series of workshops have been scheduled;
- Wednesday, 1st November, 10:30-11:30 am at Council Chamber, 52 Derby St, Ormskirk
- Thursday, 2nd November, 6-7 pm at Cabinet and Committee Room, 52 Derby St, Ormskirk
- Friday, 3rd November, 2-3 pm at Council Chamber, 52 Derby St, Ormskirk
Interested organisations are invited to register for attendance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Economic Regeneration and Finance Portfolio Holder, Councillor Rob Molloy said "This funding will have a huge positive impact on our local communities and enable us and third sector organisations to deliver a variety of projects to support our borough to build community, resilience and improve the health and wellbeing of our residents".
"We are encouraging all eligible third sector organisations to seize this opportunity to make a substantial positive impact in West Lancashire. Together, we can develop our communities so that they are not only thriving but also supportive, inclusive, and sustainable."
For more information about the West Lancashire Community Grants Fund Programme visit www.westlancs.gov.uk/UKSPFcommunitygrant and further information about the wider UKSPF investment plan for West Lancashire visit www.westlancs.gov.uk/UKSPF