About the budget
We aim to deliver the best possible services within the resources available and, as a public body spending taxpayers' money, we work hard to ensure that the Council gets value for money from its spending.
In 2020-21 we propose to spend a total of £86.411m on providing day to day services for the local community. This spending will be funded by £78.289m of income raised through grants, rents, interest, fees, charges and other sources resulting in a council tax requirement of £8.122m.
The budget that has been set requires an increase in the council tax level of £5.00 for a Band D Property, which is equivalent to a 2.46% increase.
The Council Tax for West Lancashire Borough Council for the average Band D property in 2020-21 will be £208.39 per year or £4.00 a week.
Around 11% of the Council Tax comes to the Borough Council. The total council tax includes charges from Lancashire County Council, Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service and Lancashire Constabulary. The Council Tax for some areas will also include a parish Council precept.
The bills for 'average' Band D properties (excluding parish council precepts) are set out on our rates and banding page.
Notice of Delay in Conclusion of the External Audit of Accounts Year Ended 31st March 2021
- Download the Notice of Delay in Conclusion of the External Audit of Accounts Year Ended 31st March 2021 (PDF 108kb)
Notice of Conclusion of Audit
- Download the Notice of Conclusion of Audit 2018/19 (PDF 68kb)
Notice of Inspection of Accounts
- Download the Inspection of Accounts 2021-22 (PDF 429kb)
- Download the Inspection of Accounts 2020-21 (PDF 111KB)
- Download the Inspection of Accounts 2018-19 (PDF 81.2kb)
Statement of Accounts
The Statement of Accounts shows our financial performance and financial position for the year. These accounts have been prepared in accordance with the regulations that govern our financial affairs and demonstrate the council's stewardship of public funds.
Notice of late publication of 2022/23 Statement of Accounts
- Download the Notice of late publication of 2022/23 Statement of Accounts (PDF 94.2kb)
- Download the Draft Statement of Accounts Unaudited 2021/22 (PDF 1.39mb)
- Download the Statement of Accounts 2020/21 (PDF 1488KB)
- Download the Statement of Accounts 2019/20 (PDF 1.43kb)
- Download the Statement of Accounts 2018/19 (PDF 1.38mb)
- Download the Statement of Accounts 2017/18 (PDF 1080kb)
- Download the Statement of Accounts 2016/17 (PDF 1370kb)
- Download the Statement of Accounts 2015/16 (PDF 2360kb)
- Download the Statement of Accounts 2014/15 (PDF 3000kb)
- Download the Statement of Accounts 2013/14 (PDF 597kb)
- Download the Statement of Accounts 2012/13 (PDF 563kb)
Anti-Fraud and Corruption
We are committed to protecting public money and have set out an Anti-Fraud and Corruption Policy that explains how we will do this.
- Download the Anti-Fraud and Corruption Policy (PDF 212kb)
We are committed to transparency in all our dealings, including how and where taxpayers’ money is spent.
We are committed to transparency, please see tabs on the attached spreadsheet for various assets.
- Download the Council's Corporate Privacy Notice (pdf 416kb)