Parking fines and enforcement

Our Responsibilities

We are responsible for parking enforcement in Ormskirk's council owned car parks. This process is handled through a system called Chipside Lancashire.

Parking enforcement on the roads and streets within the borough is the responsibility of Lancashire County Council.

Paying or challenging a Penalty Charge Notice (PCN)

If your PCN number starts with LQ and was issued on a on a road or street in West Lancashire:

If your PCN number starts with LN and was issued on a council owned car park in Ormskirk:

More information

We are a member of the Parking and Traffic Regulations Outside London (PATROL) Adjudication Joint Committee. Further information about parking legislation and making a challenge against the issue of a PCN can be viewed at the PATROL (external link) website.

Parking policies in West Lancashire

More information about our policy for civil parking enforcement can be found by downloading the Parking Policies in West Lancashire document (PDF, 402kb).