Building Regulations charges
The Building (Local Authority Charges) Regulations 2010
West Lancashire Borough Council hereby gives notice that the ‘Scheme for the recovery of Building Regulations charges and associated matters’ has been amended to reflect the change to the officer hourly rate.
Please see methods on how to pay for your Building Regulations submission.
The charges are divided into Plan and Inspection Charges, Building Notice Charges and Regularisation Charges. They are different for each type of work.
- Full Plans: the Plan Charge is payable when the submission is made.
- Inspection Charge: is payable once the first site inspection has been carried out.
- Building Notice: the charge is payable when the Notice is submitted.
- Download Charges for new dwellings (PDF 107kb)
- Download Charges for domestic extensions and alterations (PDF 126kb)
For all other work types please contact Building Control for a charge quote.
Exemptions for disabled people
If work is to provide access or facilities in an existing building, or is an extension to store medical equipment or provide medical treatment, for a disabled person, no charge is payable