There are a number of grants that can offer you financial assistance. Find out more below:
- Help for essential items (external link) – Lancashire County Council may be able to provide funding for essential item such as furniture or white goods as part of a support scheme
- The British Gas Energy Trust (external link) – if you are struggling to pay outstanding energy debts, need a replacement boiler or repair, or you need white goods but are unable to buy them, the British Gas Energy Trust may be able to assist. You will need to complete the online application and provide any additional proofs as required.
- United Utilities trust fund (external link) – the trust fund can assist you if you are struggling to pay your water bill.
- Food banks – There are several food banks in West Lancashire for residents within the borough that work on a referral system.
- Free School Meals (external link) – A service provided by Lancashire County Council. All children in reception, year one and year two in primary school are eligible for free school meals. Children in other years may qualify if you receive certain benefits and young people over the age of 16 can apply if they claim benefits in their own right.
- Help towards the cost of school uniforms (external link) – A service provided by Lancashire County Council. This is provided in exceptional circumstances. Please see the website for a full list of criteria. To apply you would need to contact your local area education office on 01772 531809 or write to them at: South Area Education Office, Level 1 Christ Church Precinct, County Hall, Preston, PR1 8RJ.