Find news about the Council's services, achievements and events. For news from past months, see the news archive.
- Beacon Country Park and Coronation Park fly the flag as two of the country’s best green spaces
- What do you think about West Lancashire's polling places?
- New direction for Council's development company agreed in principle pending business plan approval
- Council gives Green Light to Car Meet PSPO
- Green Fayre welcomed back to Beacon Country Park
- £150 Energy Bill Rebate: Update for non-Direct Debit customers
- West Lancashire Borough Council's response to Department of Transport decision to block Skelmersdale rail link plans
- Don’t miss your chance to take part in the Citizen & Stakeholder Survey
- Dog owners encouraged to 'Walk This Way' and bin the bag!
Dog owners who walk their pets in Beacon Country Park are being given a helping hand by West Lancs Borough Council, the Dogs' Trust and Keep Britain Tidy to make it easier for them to responsibly bin the dreaded black bag!
- West Lancashire pays respects to our armed forces
West Lancashire yesterday honoured the sacrifices made by military services at a special ceremony to commemorate Armed Forces Day
- Funding pays for beautiful new tribute to armed forces at war memorial
Beautifully crafted benches that pay tribute to those who served in the First and Second World Wars have been installed at Up Holland's War Memorial
- Council makes key decisions to support the Borough's economy
West Lancashire Borough Council is constantly working on ambitious plans to regenerate West Lancashire and has made important decisions that will help boost the local economy
- New Skelmersdale Tawd Valley Centre complete as Borough gets ready to embrace a bright future
- Platinum Jubilee celebrations a great success
Residents flocked to events planned by West Lancashire Borough Council and local groups to celebrate the Jubilee in style
- Tawd Valley Developments begins construction of 50 new homes for Skelmersdale residents
- Take part in the Citizen & Stakeholder 2022 Survey
- Community groups invited to join celebrations as Skelmersdale's Tawd Valley Centre nears completion
- Proud day for West Lancashire as the Duke of Lancaster's Regiment parades through Ormskirk
- Council launches 'Green Tourism' scheme for local businesses
- A new Mayor for West Lancashire
- New Leader elected for West Lancashire Borough Council
- Update on £150 energy rebate payments
- Don't miss the fantastic Ormskirk Medieval Festival
Find out what life was like in West Lancashire 900 years ago by coming along to the marvellous Ormskirk Medieval Festival at Coronation Park
- Join the Great British Spring Clean to keep our communities tidy
- Apply now for a postal vote
- Candidates Briefing - Would you like to be a Councillor?
- Renowned artists to celebrate the Borough with new artworks
- West Lancashire Borough Council successfully agrees budget to maintain services and foster prosperity
- Mayor of West Lancashire's charity football match to commemorate famous football win
- Millions awarded to businesses to support them through COVID-19 pandemic
- Leader of West Lancs Council calls on Andy Burnham to re-think Clean Air Zone plans
- Council supports residents in cost of living crisis and urges others to come forward
- Welcome to "Your Voice… West Lancashire"
- Help shape plans for Burscough Racquet and Fitness Centre
- WHAT'S IMPORTANT TO YOU?
- Council wants your views on unauthorised car meets