Find news about the Council's services, achievements and events. For news from past months, see the news archive.
- Tributes paid and flags raised to honour important services
- Ormskirk Bank Holiday Festival set to return
- Local MP marks residents’ move-in at latest Skelmersdale housing scheme from Tawd Valley Developments
- Skelmersdale puts on a show!
On 30th July, Skelmersdale Amphitheatre is set to host the return of the free, family-friendly event, The Skelmersdale Show.
- West Lancashire champions fair and responsible tax conduct
West Lancashire Borough Council has committed to leading the way on responsible tax conduct following a successful motion put forward by Councillor Adam Yates of the Labour group.
- Progress Being Made on West Lancashire Linear Parks Projects
During last night's Full Council meeting, an update in relation to progress of the proposed linear parks between Ormskirk – Burscough and Tarleton - Hesketh Bank was provided to Councillors.
- Council approves plans for £4.2 million UK Shared Prosperity Fund (UKSPF)
Following a meeting of the Full Council on 19 July, West Lancashire Borough Council has voted to support the proposed UK Shared Prosperity Fund (UKSPF) investment plan to deliver a series of key initiatives until March 2025.
- Council approves Community Wealth Building strategy to boost local economy for all
At a meeting of Full Council on 19 July, Councillors approved a five-year community wealth building strategy to deliver significant local economic, social and environmental benefits to the Borough.
- Celebrate the countryside and countryside living at The Green Fayre
- West Lancashire Borough Council granted share of Government social housing retrofit fund
- Recycle and reuse your outgrown uniforms with Skelmersdale FUSS
- Draft Council Plan 2023-2028 – Have your say
West Lancashire Borough Council is developing a new Council Plan for 2023-2028 and is inviting residents and partners to engage in an online consultation exercise to share their views on the draft plan.
- West Lancashire Borough Council to consult residents on Beacon Country Park Vision
West Lancashire Borough Council has launched a consultation to give residents the opportunity to have their say on the proposed vision for Beacon Country Park.
- Councillor Maureen Nixon appointed new Mayor for West Lancashire
- Ormskirk's Medieval Festival - a Eurovision Battle Royale!
- Join our Community Coronation event!
- Still time to apply for a postal vote for upcoming elections this May
- Litter Heroes assemble across the Borough for Great British Spring Clean campaign
- Hundreds of new kitchens and bathroom set for council hom
- West Lancashire Borough Council reveals transformational vision for Beacon Country Park
- Spring may be here, but we know winter money worries are still being keenly felt
- Voter ID Consultation
- Thinking about becoming a councillor? Join our Candidates Briefing
- Communities invited to share their thoughts on exciting plans for new Wellbeing & Leisure Hubs
- Tenants can have their say in Tenant Satisfaction Survey
- Ashley Dalton elected as MP for West Lancashire
- Date announced for West Lancashire By-Election
- Staying Safe at Christmas
- West Lancashire Borough Council to review dog control policy
- The Mayor of West Lancashire's Christmas Message
- Leader of West Lancashire Borough Council’s Christmas and New Year message
- Children's Christmas card designs are a gift for all!
- Council approves plans to pause Beacon Golf Course and to explore a new leisure offer for the area
- West Lancashire Borough Council Christmas Opening Hours
- Park for just £1 in Ormskirk this Christmas
- Borough's businesses are streets ahead
- West Lancashire Borough Council continues its commitment to stand against domestic violence
- West Lancashire Sex Establishment Licensing Policy Review
- Borough set to dazzle this festive season as the Christmas Lights sparkle in Skelmersdale and Ormskirk
- West Lancashire Borough Council - Housing Annual Report for Tenants 2021 – 2022
- Council issues almost £9m of funding to help with cost of living crisis
- Be a Bright Spark this November!
- Council and partners come together to answer your questions
- Skelmersdale Junior Football League to return THIS SUNDAY (16 Oct) after partners agree way forward
- New gift card to help drive economic recovery in West Lancashire
- Statement from West Lancashire Borough Council on the death of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
- Tributes to be paid to seafarers ahead of Merchant Navy Day
- Ormskirk Bank Holiday Festival declared a huge success
- New Bank Holiday Festival announced for Ormskirk
- Further update on £150 energy rebate payments
- Beacon Country Park and Coronation Park fly the flag as two of the country’s best green spaces
- What do you think about West Lancashire's polling places?
- New direction for Council's development company agreed in principle pending business plan approval
- Council gives Green Light to Car Meet PSPO
- Green Fayre welcomed back to Beacon Country Park
- £150 Energy Bill Rebate: Update for non-Direct Debit customers
- West Lancashire Borough Council's response to Department of Transport decision to block Skelmersdale rail link plans
- Don’t miss your chance to take part in the Citizen & Stakeholder Survey
- Dog owners encouraged to 'Walk This Way' and bin the bag!
Dog owners who walk their pets in Beacon Country Park are being given a helping hand by West Lancs Borough Council, the Dogs' Trust and Keep Britain Tidy to make it easier for them to responsibly bin the dreaded black bag!
- West Lancashire pays respects to our armed forces
West Lancashire yesterday honoured the sacrifices made by military services at a special ceremony to commemorate Armed Forces Day
- Funding pays for beautiful new tribute to armed forces at war memorial
Beautifully crafted benches that pay tribute to those who served in the First and Second World Wars have been installed at Up Holland's War Memorial
- Council makes key decisions to support the Borough's economy
West Lancashire Borough Council is constantly working on ambitious plans to regenerate West Lancashire and has made important decisions that will help boost the local economy
- New Skelmersdale Tawd Valley Centre complete as Borough gets ready to embrace a bright future
- Platinum Jubilee celebrations a great success
Residents flocked to events planned by West Lancashire Borough Council and local groups to celebrate the Jubilee in style
- Tawd Valley Developments begins construction of 50 new homes for Skelmersdale residents
- Take part in the Citizen & Stakeholder 2022 Survey
- Community groups invited to join celebrations as Skelmersdale's Tawd Valley Centre nears completion
- Proud day for West Lancashire as the Duke of Lancaster's Regiment parades through Ormskirk
- Council launches 'Green Tourism' scheme for local businesses
- A new Mayor for West Lancashire
- New Leader elected for West Lancashire Borough Council
- Update on £150 energy rebate payments
- Don't miss the fantastic Ormskirk Medieval Festival
Find out what life was like in West Lancashire 900 years ago by coming along to the marvellous Ormskirk Medieval Festival at Coronation Park
- Join the Great British Spring Clean to keep our communities tidy
- Apply now for a postal vote
- Candidates Briefing - Would you like to be a Councillor?
- Renowned artists to celebrate the Borough with new artworks
- West Lancashire Borough Council successfully agrees budget to maintain services and foster prosperity
- Mayor of West Lancashire's charity football match to commemorate famous football win
- Millions awarded to businesses to support them through COVID-19 pandemic
- Leader of West Lancs Council calls on Andy Burnham to re-think Clean Air Zone plans
- Council supports residents in cost of living crisis and urges others to come forward
- Welcome to "Your Voice… West Lancashire"
- Help shape plans for Burscough Racquet and Fitness Centre
- WHAT'S IMPORTANT TO YOU?
- Council wants your views on unauthorised car meets